Today I’m doing something a little different and sharing a recipe for a cake I baked with my Mam at the weekend! I love cooking and baking and I thought I could share this super easy recipe with my readers!
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
1tsp Baking Powder
500ml Single Cream
1 Packet Emma Jeans Boudoir Biscuits
1 Punnet Strawberries + Season Berries
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Using an electric mixer, mix the eggs and sugar until they thicken and you can form the figure eight in the mixture. This may take quite some time.
3. Mix the backing powder with the flour, and fold the flour/baking powder mixture into the eggs and sugar. Do not use a metal spoon and be careful not to lose the air which is in the mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into two equally sized round cake tins, which had been lined with some marge or butter.
5. Place in the oven and leave for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Do not open the oven in the first 10-15 minutes as the cake will flop.
6. Let the cake cool in the tins, then carefully remove to a wire rack.
1. When the sponge has completely cooled, apply a generous layer of jam between the two and sandwich together. You could also add buttermilk or cream, based on personal taste. As I was adding alot of cream to decorate the cake I only used jam in the middle.
2. Whisk single cream until it is quite thick. Evenly apply to the top and edges of the cake.
3. Apply Emma Jeans finger biscuits around edge of the cake – the thicker the cream is, the better the fingers will stick.
4. Place the cake in the fridge for 30 minutes (or until ready to serve) for the cream to set.
5. In the meantime, quarter strawberries and mix with seasonal berries. Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve the cake.
6. When ready to serve, simply pour the fruit on top of the cake!
7. There you have it – a very simple cake, which looks super impressive, and still tastes really good!
Stay Glamorous! Xxx